Privacy – http://quickoffthemark.com.au is committed to protecting your personal information.
http://quickoffthemark.com.au are bound by the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act), including the National Privacy Principles (NPPs).
All information collected through our Free Trademark Search forms on our website is treated with the utmost privacy and confidentiality. In no way will we ever share your personal information with anyone who does not have a 100% need to know, IP Australia for example.
All information collected through our Free Trademark Search forms are protected with an encrypted SSL certificate. This ensures that ALL information from our website and our website’s servers, to us at our office is encrypted with 256 bit encryption. The same encryption that major banks use! We are one of the ONLY trademark registration businesses out there that encrypt information in this way.
http://quickoffthemark.com.au may collect and hold personal information about you, including your name, gender, address, phone number, facsimile number, email address, bank account details, place and type of business and/or other information relevant to providing you with the services you are, or someone else you know is, seeking.
The personal information that http://quickoffthemark.com.au collects and holds about you depends on your interaction with Trademark professionals. Generally, http://quickoffthemark.com.au will collect and hold your personal information for the purpose of:
- providing legal services to you or someone else you know
- providing you with information about other services that Trademark professionals offers that may be of interest to you
- providing you with information relevant to your type of business or other area of expertise or interest
- providing you with the opportunity to meet other people and attend seminars and conferences in your type of business, other areas of expertise or interest
- facilitating Quick Off The Mark’s internal business operations, including the fulfilment of any legal requirements
- analysing Trademark professionals services and customer needs with a view to developing new and/or improved services
- contacting you to provide a testimonial for Trademark professionals.
Personal information will generally be collected by http://quickoffthemark.com.au directly from you, generally by verbal interaction or through correspondence with you. There may, however, be some instances where personal information about you will be collected indirectly because it is unreasonable or impractical to collect personal information directly from you. We will usually notify you about these instances in advance or, where that is not possible, as soon as reasonably practicable after the information has been collected.
If the personal information you provide to http://quickoffthemark.com.au is incomplete and/or inaccurate, http://quickoffthemark.com.au may be unable to provide you, or someone else you know, with the services you, or they, are seeking.
Use and disclosure
Generally, http://quickoffthemark.com.au only uses and/or discloses personal information about you for the purposes for which it was collected (as set out above). Although, Trademark professionals may disclose personal information about you to:
- indicated at the time of supply of the information to us;
- expressly permitted under any agreement with you;
- required for performance by us of services for you;
- required for the ordinary operation of our website or our business (eg to send you information about our services);
- required under compulsion of law or provided in cooperation with any governmental authority
You may access personal information http://quickoffthemark.com.au holds about you, upon making a written request. http://quickoffthemark.com.au will endeavour to acknowledge your request within 14 days of its receipt and to provide you with access to the information requested within 30 days. http://quickoffthemark.com.au may charge you a reasonable fee for processing your request.
http://quickoffthemark.com.au may decline a request for access to personal information in circumstances prescribed by the Privacy Act.
Links to other websites
From time to time the http://quickoffthemark.com.au website may contain links to other websites. http://quickoffthemark.com.au is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of those websites.